Scott entered public accounting in 1993 after serving as an officer in the United States Navy. At Hindsman, P.C., he has vast experience in business and individual tax compliance and consulting. Scott has also worked as both auditor, manager and partner in not for profit and for profit audits. He currently serves the firm as a member of its management team as co-managing shareholder and also as the managing shareholder in charge of the firm’s individual and business tax practice.
Surface Warfare Officer – U.S. Navy – 1991
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – 1994
Scott is a 1989 honors graduate of Auburn University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree with a major emphasis of study in Accounting.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
Scott and his wife Teresa reside in Gadsden, Alabama. They have two sons, Chris (Amanda) and Robbie.
Civic and Religious Affiliations
- United Way of Etowah County – Past President
- Rotary Club of Gadsden – Past President
- YMCA of the Coosa Valley – Past President
- James M. Barrie Center – President
- Member, North Glencoe Baptist Church